- Category: Investment In Nigeria
- Published on Sunday, 15 August 2010 20:27
- Written by Admin
- Hits: 5787
The principal laws regulating foreign investments in
Deregulation of Equity Structure in
The Nigerian Enterprises Promotion (Repeal) Decree No.7 of 1995 has abolished any restrictions, in respect of the limits of foreign share holding, in
- Production of arms and ammunition;
- Production of and dealing in narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances;
Provisions Relating to Investments
Notable amongst the provision relating to investments are the following:
- A non-Nigerian may invest and participate in the operation of any enterprise in
- An enterprise in which foreign participation is permitted, shall after its incorporation or registration, be registered with the NIPC.
- A foreign enterprise may buy the shares of any Nigerian enterprise in any convertible foreign currency.
A foreign investor in an approved enterprise is guaranteed unconditional transferability of funds through an authorised dealer, in freely convertible currency of:
- Dividends or profit (net of taxes) attributable to the investment;
- Payments in respect of loan servicing where a foreign loan has been obtained; and
- The remittance of proceeds (net of all taxes) and other obligations in the event of sale of liquidation of the enterprise or any interest attributable to the investment.
Priority Areas of Investment
The NIPC issues guidelines and procedures, which specify priority areas for investments and prescribed incentives and benefits, which are in conformity with Government policy.
Incentives for Special Investment
For the purpose of promoting identified strategic or major investments, the NIPC may in consultation with appropriate Government agencies, negotiate specific incentive packages for the promotion of investment. Related Information
- Incorporating a Business Enterprise & Legal Requirements
- Principal Laws Regulating Foreign Investments in Nigeria
- Investment Incentives and Guarantees
- Nigeria Export Processing Zones (Details)
- Mining and Mineral Processing
- Operating Licenses