I have no doubt that if Chief Bola Ige was alive and in charge of the ACN party, that he would have approved of his birthday being celebrated in the shameful manner in which Bola Tinubu is going about his.
- I am equally sure that Chief Awolowo would NOT have remotely authorized such a planned and elaborate show of shame.
- If Chief Gani Fawehinmi was alive, he would openly and strongly chastized Tinubu.
- I was born in Ibadan by Ibo parents but I have more often than not, found myself gallantly defending the Yoruba heritage to the consternation of my fellows Ibos.
- I am simply attracted to excellence wherever they exist.
- Though not politicians, I admire (d) Professors Achebe, Choke Obi and Cyril Onwumechili among many others.
- I may also have been a Zikist at one point.
- I told a friend of mine the other day that the Yoruba race is in serious decline.
- My friend was initially shocked but he later agreed with me.
- The good news for the Yoruba race is that others are not experiencing any upswing.
- Collectively as a people, we have no idea what we want, hence the emergence of bent titans like Ahmed Bola Tinubu.
- Other than being an enemy of Abacha and a master tactician who thwarted rigging and successfully rigged elections in his favor, can someone please write to tell me what this great Yoruba man of our time actually stands for?
- Please when you write, do not include the fact the he was responsible for Bode George’s woes.
Hillary Okoronkwo gives verdict!