However, our generation are so diversely trained, exposed, experienced and capable, that there is no problem that we cannot fix. If the 20plus Km 3rd
We do not abandon our buildings just because they leak water – we fix them. We do not abandon the house because the windows are cracked – we replace it. We do no migrate just because the pillars are stressed – we rebuild it. Prime land is so expensive that, even if you are not happy with the structure, you do not abandon the property. The Hebrews and their first cousins, the Arabs, are still fighting over the piece of real estate their grand-father Abraham left them 3600 years ago. They did not abandon the property nor wish its destruction.
- Over 1 million people died in the civil war, and we are still together.
- We overcame the various coups and military putsches .
- We are so well intermarried now.
- The NYSC, Armed Forces, Para-Military Forces, etc have a great esprit-de-corps devoid of notable tribalism.
- Many Nigerians are now settled/integrated across the whole of
- Over 20 million Nigerians in the diaspora, sending in $Billions and itching to return home.
- There is nothing to disintegrate to; The various states/regions will just disintegrate further taking many communities back to the dark ages.
- We will all lose investments, friends, families and more people will be poorer than they ever were and will never have the chance for success again.
- The leaders who are leading us in this dangerous thinking of disintegration are of the generation that created a terrible foundation of nepotism and tribalism. They never served in the armed forces, or NYSC or any nation building institution, so they want to be President of a small State where they can continue in the dictatorship they could not perfect at the national level. The people will suffer more in their small hamlets than under
- We are a prayerful nation, evidence of hope. Hope always manifest, in due time.
What we need is devolution of powers, a realistic constitution, common values, a people oriented vision and social programmes to keep us along the long haul. But the majority of us have left this decision, characteristically, to the few ambitious and uninspired cliques who gather at night to do for us what we chose not to do – rule.
There is hope for
What you put in life is what you get out of it. Let’s get up and make