KAYODE AJULO'S RULES OF ENGAGEMENT FOR SECURITY AGENTS & PROTESTERS
NOTHING IN THESE RULES OF ENGAGEMENT LIMITS YOUR RIGHT TO INVOKE ANY STATUTORY PROVISION OF OUR LAWS AND YOUR RIGHT TO TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION TO DEFEND YOURSELF AND YOUR COUNTRY.
1. Your primary duties is to enforce law and protect lives and property.
2. You have the right to defend yourself and the protesters without any discrimination against attacks.
3. Hostile attack may be returned effectively and promptly to stop a hostile act.
4. When you are attacked, you should use the minimum force necessary under the circumstances and proportional to the threat.
5. Detention of protesters is authorized only where it is apparent that an offense sanctioned by the law is committed.
6. Any detainee should immediately be charged to court.
1. You have the inalienable right to protest, shout, express, carry placard, demonstrate, sit-in, and/or do anything permissible pursuant to any law in operation in Nigeria.
2. Hostile act(s) against you must be documented, captured, recorded, filmed and promptly make available for effective prosecution of the attacker irrespective that the attacker is under command and/or belong to any law enforcement agency.
3. In event of prosecution, the attacker will be personally liable for his/her act.
4. Do not attack, destroy, maim or seize any property to accompany your mission.
R - E - M - E - M - B - E - R
1. Federal Republic of Nigeria is not at war
2. The protest is secular and not tribal.
3. The protest is to ensure that the Federal Government of Nigeria revert the price of petrol to N65.
4. Solidarity for ever.
5. Free Legal Clinic is provided for the protesters by Kayode Ajulo & Co. Castle of Law & Egalitarian Mission Africa.
Kayode AJULO, ESQ.
Sent from my iPad