- Category: Opinions/Interviews
- Published on Friday, 29 July 2011 10:23
- Written by Abiodun (Akindayomi) Olukowajo
- Hits: 15760
The Family of the Late Rev. Josiah Olufemi Akindayomi (Founding Pastor) Who have a lifelong commitment to the welfare of The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG)
Picture: Late Rev. Josiah Olufemi Akindayomi and wife
1) After the death of the late Rev. Josiah Olufemi Akindayomi 30 years ago the Akindayomi family is very dissatisfied with the running of the RCCG.
2) Regarding payments in 30 years the Akindayomi family has received no noteworthy support the deceased family includes 5 children with grandchildren and great grand children.
3) During this period the RCCG has grown from 40 parish-churches to more than 22 thousand parish-churches across the globe.
4) Members, workers, deacons, asst. pastors, pastors, provisional pastors who shared in the vision and morality of the late Rev. Josiah Olufemi Akindayomi have much to be rejoicing to God about for the great successes of the church so far.
5) The Akindayomi family is very proud of the continuation and growth of the church after death of the late Rev. Josiah Olufemi Akindayomi.
a) Within the family of the Late Josiah Olufemi Akindayomi all the children and several of the grandchildren have continued the work of God by serving as pastors within the RCCG.
b) However, the Akindayomi family feels that they have played an insufficient role in the continuation of the legacy of late Rev. Josiah Olufemi Akindayomi.
c) The Akindayomi family feels that this was done wilfully by Pastor Adeboye to allow for recharismatization of the church.
d) The Akindayomi family, moreover, feels that the transparency of the RCCG leaves much to be desired.
e) On the above point the Akindayomi family has no idea of the accounts of the RCCG or any decision making processes regarding building works or any major projects.
f) The Akindayomi family feels this gross disrespect.
6) The Akindayomi family has no say in the direction that the RCCG is going in regards the vision of the late Rev. Josiah Olufemi Akindayomi.
a) This we feel could be achieved by having a permanent position on the governing council, through a representative elected by the Akindayomi family.
b) This representative will help to ensure that what doctrine is being taught is the spiritual believes of the late Rev. Josiah Olufemi Akindayomi.
c) In the last 30 years there has been major building works of which the Akindayomi family has not been a signatory.
d) This Representative will ensure that this does not happen in the future as we would like this person to be a signatory to any official documents.
8) The Akindayomi family wants full disclosures to be made in regards, purchases of buildings, transportations and salaries of decision makers and this information is made public to the worldwide membership annually as the RCCG is a registered charity.
9) The Akindayomi family will like full disclosures of the private assets of top decision makers at the RCCG including real property and all bank accounts.
10) The Akindayomi family would like the general overseer Pastor Adeboye to stop putting his name in extra large bold typeface on websites and literature relating to the RCCG. We believe this is being done to covertly take over the legacy of the RCCG.
11) The Akindayomi family would like to make it publicly known throughout the world that the spiritual direction that the RCCG has taken under the leadership of Pastor Adeboye is not the original vision of the founder of the church and that we have no part whatsoever in any business decisions relating to the RCCG and any umbrella organizations.
a) The Akindayomi family would like the church to go back to the original vision of the charismatization of the leader of the RCCG as they strongly object to the changes in dogma of the present leader Pastor Adeboye.
12) The Akindayomi family
a) Does not accept as fact the Pastor Adeboye was appointed as general overseer for life by the late Rev. Josiah Olufemi Akindayomi.
b) Does not accept as fact that Pastor Adeboye has the divine right to choose the successor for the RCCG.
c )Believes that the governing council should decide on three candidates, given to them by the provisional pastors.
d) Then, the worldwide membership of the RCCG should have the final say in the leadership of the RCCG.
e) This election could be achieved via mobile, internet and paper voting or churches given votes depending on size.
f) The election results should be published on the RCCG international website.
g) If Pastor Adeboye is chosen again let it be by the worldwide membership.
On behalf of the Akindayomi family